Corporate Reinsurance Reserving Actuary
Their group actuarial reserving team is seeking a recently qualified actuary for a senior role within their reinsurance arm. This role will make up the third senior position in the team, with 3 in house analysts and further outsourced support for the technical reserving work. We're seeking a candidate who can take that next step with delivering the results, communicating them to internal stakeholders and take initative with steering/training the analysts on the team where appropriate.
To provide statistical analysis and analytical support and assist with the delivery of the Reinsurance Actuarial Reserving Team's objectives.
- To support the quarterly reserving exercise, including:
- Developing an understanding of relevant data sources and systems
- Completing quarterly reserving exercise for assigned lines of business
- Presenting findings where appropriate
- Help improve the reserving process
- Answering queries from key stakeholders on reserving results.
- To analyse and report to more senior actuaries on reserving issues, claims trends and key risks and uncertainties
- To support quarterly and year end reporting for reserving
- To support the business planning process, as required
- To assist Risk Management and Capital Modelling by supplying appropriate information
- To actively engage with the Actuarial Pricing team and promote cross-discipline knowledge sharing and consistency
Skills & experience
- Completion and attainment of an honours degree, ideally with mathematical content
- Recently Qualified Actuary in the UK, US or Europe
- London market reserving experience, reinsurance reserving would be advantageous