Data Science Manager
Employment Specialists are excited to be assisting a renowned Insurer Client to recruit a Data Science Manager.
The vacancy is within an Insurance Pricing Team and the successful candidate will be leading a team of 3 Data Scientists working on a variety of modelling, data and R&D projects to aid the development of the company's analytical capabilities and contribute to the advancement of their core pricing algorithms.
Whilst remote working can be an option, occasional travel to either Weybridge or London will be required. You will demonstrate effective communications, influencing and strong relationship building skills, leading your team in the refinement of pricing tools & techniques, and in the exploitation and maintenance of value adding external data.
Should I Apply?
We are happy to consider candidates with existing management experience, or an experienced analyst looking for progression but you need to have a Data Science background within an insurance/financial services environment.
You'll be someone that has significant experience developing robust predictive models using machine learning in R or Python, are an advocate of collaborative working and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You'll have strong leadership skills with a critical and analytical approach to problem solving.
Candidates MUST have a Higher education qualification (equivalent grades of 2:1 or higher) in a mathematics or computer science related discipline or evidence of equivalent proficiency.
In reward for your hard work you will be rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Annual performance/company bonus and annual salary review
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
- Flexible benefit options including holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, health, dental and critical illness plans
- Life Cover (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 28 days annual leave
- Flexible office hours, Monday to Friday
- Discount on Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare.