Protection Pricing Actuary | London, Midlands OR Edinburgh
Due to a number of key senior appointments at leadership level, the Protection Pricing team is receiving business critical funding and investment in order to drive profitability and growth. This comes as part of the new strategy directly from the board.
After a heavy recruitment drive over the last 12 months, the team is now looking to strengthen its structure with a driven and commercially minded Part-Qualified Protection Pricing Actuary.
You will have either Pricing experience across any product line or you will be a commercially driven actuary that is looking to work in a role with vast business stakeholder interaction for the first time from any given actuarial area.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Support product development and price optimisation work
- Add value to new business proposition developments with the aim of improving business profitability across the product lines and being the first choice for customers
- Produce pricing reports and financial analysis for senior management on price changes and pricing assumptions
- Perform premium reviews for reviewable products
- Support reinsurance team with reinsurance strategy and retenders
- Assume responsibility for projects, co-ordinating plans and resources to achieve agreed deliverable within the required time, cost and quality parameters
- Plan, communicate and implement improvements to systems, processes and procedures, ensuring team commitment to any necessary changes
- Agree with customers and suppliers the deliverables to and from any production process, ensuring these meet both customer requirements and the needs of the function
- Escalate, manage and mitigate risks in a timely manner
- Pro-actively develop and maintain working relationships to identify and satisfy mutual business requirements.