D&F Analytics Manager
3 days left
- Contract Type
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with senior business leaders through operating and enhancing the catastrophe modelling and pricing processes. The role will offer significant growth potential as part of a highly engaged and motivated team. The individual will be able to expand their end-to-end knowledge of the pricing processes and use their skills to help influence our nimble and innovative business. Sitting within the Property team, you will also gain exposure to other lines of business within Property lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Take catastrophe model output and price the D&F contracts, using a combination of vendor catastrophe models and cedant historical experience, for both Cat and Fire (Non-Cat)
* Organise and manage a team of Catastrophe and Pricing Analysts, to deliver quality analytics in tight timeframes. * Contribute to the development of market leading pricing tools.
* Produce analytics and contribute towards the businesses view of risk for D&F, which includes Catastrophe and Fire (Non-cat).
* Liaise with outsourced data cleansing providers, performing regular review of cleansing assumptions to ensure data quality levels are maintained.
* Produce, cleanse, and validate cat modelling inputs from raw data where required.
* Critically evaluate cedant exposure data and highlight inconsistencies.
* Run catastrophe models over client data and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of their workings.
* Deliver comprehensive and focused analysis to underwriters and senior management,
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines.
* Ability to work alone, show initiative to solve problems and learn.
Skills and Qualifications
* Exceptional Microsoft Office skills, in particular Microsoft Excel and VBA
* SQL coding ability would be beneficial.
* 7-10 years' experience running catastrophe models, preferably AIR Touchstone.
* Pricing experience across multiple lines of business including Property, Specialty and Terrorism using both modelled and non-modelled methods, e.g., experience rating, curve fitting.
* Must be a strong critical thinker who can interrogate the data to ensure it makes sense and provide challenge when required.
* Enjoy working on highly detailed projects.
* University degree, preferably in Mathematics, Science or Economics
* Strong academic background and mathematical acumen * Must be able to respond positively during busy periods through multi-tasking and effective prioritization against needs of business.