Technical Pricing and Data Analyst | London Market
This is a newly formed position within the group structure, allowing for a sole point of contact regarding pricing model developments.
This design will allow for a more innovative approach to pricing models once the successful applicant is up to speed. In time, the role responsibilities could include project management, portfolio analytics and using external data for automation.
- The underwriters remain accountable for having adequate technical pricing models in use for their lines of business. The Technical Pricing and Data Analyst will be responsible as the lead developer of pricing models across Wholesale including making appropriate recommendations and improvements to existing ones.
- Ensure models are designed to add value to the underwriting process and are appropriate to be used pre-bind.
- Ensure models are developed in line with relevant standards, such as MS3.
- Design and build management information and KPI reports using relevant pricing model data.
- As required, design and maintain databases to work behind pricing models for effective data capture.
- Evaluate opportunities to use 3rd party data and advanced analytical techniques to enhance the technical pricing model solution.
- Review rating matrices and underwriting pricing guidelines on selected product lines as requested by underwriters and management.
- Support the Portfolio Management Lead and Data, Analytics and Insights Lead with ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Work with other Support Units to include but not limited to: actuarial, underwriting operations and ITS.
- Stay informed, and considers the implications, of best practice pricing techniques across the London Market.
- Represent the wider team, as appropriate, providing accurate and timely management information to senior leadership, and meetings as the need arises.
Skills & experience
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in developing technical pricing models in various lines of business
- Have demonstrable experience in influencing and engaging with stakeholders using effective communication and ensuring buy-in
- Be able to clearly articulate complex strategies, techniques and ideas to senior leadership and underwriters across multiple product lines
- Possess both strong analytical depth and the ability to independently problem solve and then put forward recommendations
- Have an understanding of the Wholesale products, classes of business and operations of the speciality insurance market
- Have a proven ability to successfully manage and deliver to agreed timelines projects and initiatives that require involvement from business leaders across the company
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite, with a focus on Excel/VBA and be comfortable with manipulating and analysing large, complex sets of data. Have Experience with database use (SQL/Access).
- Data visualisation programmes and/or an interest in advanced analytics/data science would be desirable but not essential.
To review the full job specification, or to discuss the role in more detail please apply or contact: