Capital Modelling Manager - London Market Insurer
The remit of the role will include:
Forming an integral part of the Risk and Capital function designed to assist the business in achieving consistent underwriting profit. This will be achieved by various means, such as demonstrating solvency and providing support to underwriting divisions, involving a variety of divisions and products within a diverse portfolio. This will require the development of strong relationships with key individuals in other departments, whilst remaining up to date with claims and underwriting activity.
- Lead and manage the building, development and testing of the Internal Capital Model using WTW's Igloo
- Ensure that updates to the capital model follow a rigorous process and are fully documented
- Deal directly with Internal Model stakeholders to adapt the model for the business needs
- As part of the Risk & Capital team help to ensure that the Internal Model meets regulatory requirements and deliverables for Lloyd's, the PRA and other relevant regulators are provided in a timely manner
- As part of the Risk & Capital team help to embed the use of capital modelling. This may involve education and presentation sessions to business stakeholders, communication with senior management and working with the actuaries or other departments
- Ensure that the model is "fit for purpose" to support internal capital allocation decisions and embedded in the business via various uses to include: product pricing, reinsurance placement strategy & structures and legal entity capital allocation
- Assist in other Risk & Capital work as needed
The ideal candidate will be an analytical qualified actuary, or possess similar experience, preferably having completed a numerical degree. Bringing demonstrable experience of capital modelling and analysing capital model outputs. It is important to have well-developed communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact within the risk and capital team, the finance team, underwriters and senior management.
Expertise of Willis Towers Watson Igloo or similar (e.g. RPC Tyche) is highly desirable.