Vice President of Capital Management
The key function of the Capital Management team is in the development of tools and the performance of quantitative analysis to aid strategic decision-making by the business, and to provide consultancy support.
- Part of the Capital Management team with an emphasis on problem solving and analysis including modelling to assist in decision-making and execution of the business strategy.
- Predominantly deliver ad-hoc analysis and projects through building models to support our strategic objectives.
- Provide understanding of the technical subtleties across various capital models, and support discussions with regulators/rating agencies on capital treatment for non-standard contract arrangements.
- Ensure delivery of timely and accurate rating agency model solvency position (S&P and A.M. Best), working within a formal framework.
- Assist in developing and recommending a strategy and plan for managing the Group and Entity capital positions while also considering the liquidity positions. This includes developing tactical recommendations to deal with changes in circumstances and collaborating with Entities.
- Assist in preparing and updating key documentation, including committee and board papers, ensuring delivery in a timely and effective manner.
- Contribute to the communication and coordination of capital management activities across our platforms (Bermuda, Lloyds, U.K. and U.S.) and various departments.
- Direct the development of efficiencies and best practices with an emphasis on continuous improvements.
- Provide staff training, development and performance management for direct and indirect reports.
Skills & experience
- Greater than 5 years' experience within the (re)insurance industry is preferred
- Internationally recognized actuarial designation, accounting designation or equivalent professional qualification
- Proven ability in advanced capital modelling, including experience of stochastic capital models
- Experience with other quantitative models is an asset, such as working knowledge of rating agency or regulatory models
- Able to respond quickly to evolving requirements and deliver to challenging deadlines during key periods.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills
- Proactive, self-motivated with a team orientation
- Strong work ethic and high energy, an individual who strives for excellence