Commercial Lines Pricing Actuary
This is a key hire on a new team that we are building. This team will be an extension of our existing Actuarial Department that supports business across the UK and Europe. We are looking for an individual who is internally motivated, intellectually curious, has the ability to manage multiple priorities, and is driven to enhance existing processes.
- Providing the Casualty and Property Profit Centres with the actuarial support they require to profitably grow their business and take remedial action where needed.
- Support the development, alignment, and execution of portfolio strategies.
- Actively involved in technical pricing tool development and enhancements, whilst considering local market requirements.
- In co-ordination with the actuarial pricing team, monitor rates at renewal and new business, ensure technical pricing models are in place and reviewed regularly and that any deviation is justified and monitored.
- Produce pricing analysis for large accounts and schemes within agreed timescales, working closely with underwriters.
- Report performance at granular level (account and rating factor) so that underwriters can optimise performance.
- Work closely with underwriting management to identify profitable new business and growth opportunities.
- Ensure data used for pricing and monitoring is complete, accurate, adequate and timely.
- Comply with key regulatory and risk management procedures.
Technical Skills and Expertise:
- Candidates who are actively pursuing membership in a recognized actuarial society are preferred.
- Candidates with relevant actuarial experience preferred
- Understanding of actuarial pricing concepts/methodologies
- Degree in Mathematics or related discipline.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Expertise in Excel, Access, VBA, SAS, or other programming languages preferred.
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.