Chief Actuary - Charles Taylor Managing Agency - Premia Holdings - London - Competitive Salary & Package
Charles Taylor Managing Agency Ltd (CTMA), a Lloyd’s managing agent authorised in March 2015 managing syndicate 1884, is in the process of change of control to Premia Holdings, a leading legacy market reinsurer. Premia is making a substantial investment developing the managing agency as its platform to write loss portfolio transfers and reinsurance to close business in the Lloyd’s market, using a re-purposed syndicate 1884 as the reinsurance vehicle, supported by Premia’s $500 million capital base.
The Chief Actuary of CTMA will provide hands-on leadership of the actuarial function for the Managing Agency and syndicate 1884 through a period of strategic change and growth. This position will be at the heart of the execution of this growth strategy. Depending on experience, this individual could also take accountability for risk, in a combined Chief Actuary and Chief Risk Offer position.
- To provide commercial insight and support in the pricing and execution of loss portfolio and reinsurance to close deals
- Be instrumental in managing the agency’s relationship with actuarial oversight teams in Lloyd’s in order to ensure the business can effectively execute its business plan
- To perform the role of the Actuarial Function Holder, ensuring the business continues to meet applicable regulatory standards.
- As part of the senior leadership team of the agency, to contribute to the development of the agency’s growth strategy, leading the actuarial team to ensure it supports the agency’s this strategy and meets future business requirements
- Qualified Actuary, with significant post qualification experience across financial reporting, capital and commercial contexts
- London market / Lloyd’s experience - the role will require the holder to obtain a Lloyd’s practising certificate if not already held:
- Previous experience of preparing SAO’s and / or familiarity with Lloyd’s QMA, QSR and trust fund reporting requirements is desirable
- Previous experience of Lloyd’s capital setting regime and Solvency II internal model is desirable
- Previous people management experience
- Ability to apply actuarial skillset and experience in both financial reporting and commercial contexts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Charles Taylor we are proud to be an Inclusive Employer. We provide an environment of mutual respect with zero tolerance to discrimination of any kind regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital/ family status, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Our external partnerships and the dedicated work we do in promoting a transparent and fair recruitment and selection process all contribute to the successful, inclusive and diverse culture and environment which we are proud to be a part of at Charles Taylor.