Head of Insight
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, our Data Insight team analyse an ever-increasing range of data to provide key insight to the motor insurance industry. Working with insurers, industry regulators and vehicle manufactures, the Head of Insight will take a high-profile role, communicating key information to help them understand the impact of changing vehicle technology and mobility trends. Join us as the Head of Insight and you’ll play a pivotal role within the motor insurance industry and assist us in achieving our vision of, ‘Safer cars, fewer crashes’.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Insight Manager from within the motor insurance industry, looking for a position that will enable them to achieve industry wide impact and personal development.
As the Head of Insight your responsibilities will involve:
- Planning, managing and executing research projects to time and cost agreements, providing clear and concise communication of project status to the relevant stakeholders, including our members (motor insurers)
- Leveraging national and international data sources such as insurance claims and accident data to establish research priorities and influence strategy
- Authoring technical reports to communicate research status to stakeholders to facilitate understanding of our organisational objectives and raise visibility and reputation within the external market
- Providing clear and direct management to the insight team, fostering a collaborative and productive environment
- Supporting “C” level meetings across insurer and stakeholder groups by bringing insights, trends and analysis to drive future strategies
- Driving the creation and implementation of best practices for statistical data modelling, analysis, data exploration and reporting tools and processes that allow the insight team to work efficiently
- Developing our analytical capability, deploy modelling and future technological predictions to enable us to produce a range of materials (published research papers, technical reports and presentations) to inform the industry and communicate research results
As the Head of Insight your skills and experience will include:
- An insurance professional with practical experience of insurance pricing, underwriting and actuarial science
- Proven success in managing, mentoring, and coaching teams of data scientists and analysts
- Extensive experience in data mining and analysis with familiarity of established data sources and keepers
- Proven ability to identify patterns in data and create statistical models, data exploration, data visualisation and data mining
- Excellent skills in data science and analytics gained from within the insurance industry
- Experience handling mass data with an awareness of DPA, GDPR and privacy issues
- Experience of data analysis tools, techniques and expert collaboration partners
What we’re looking in you:
You are naturally inquisitive and comfortable with challenging the norm whilst looking for answers in often complex data sets. An ability to define the question being asked and deliver thoughtful answers in am impactful way is also an advantage.
You are an excellent communicator with the ability to deliver insightful messages via a range a medium. Whether it be written papers and technical reports, or presentation materials, such as graphs and charts, your messaging is clear and informs your target audience.
Your effective leadership skills enable you to guide others in data analysis and set team objectives which enable the efficient and secure analysis of existing and new data sources.
Salary: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes a 10% non-contributory pension, performance related annual bonus, healthcare and car allowance.
Working Hours: 8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 15.45 Fridays
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repair.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.