Head of Actuarial Reporting
4 days left
- Contract Type
Willis Towers Watson provides outsourced actuarial function services to a variety of Life Insurance companies in the UK.
As a Head of Actuarial Reporting (Qualified Actuary) in the Life Actuarial Outsourcing team, you will lead the actuarial team of around 15 staff in the delivery of actuarial services for one of our largest clients. You will be joining a strong, diverse and dedicated group of associates who work in the outsourcing team.
You will lead the team on all areas of actuarial work, from Solvency II and IFRS regular reporting, experience investigations, ORSA, capital management, with-profits and strategic projects (including IFRS 17).
You will report to the Chief Actuary, being responsible for communicating results (to both actuaries and non-actuaries) and advising on a wide range of actuarial matters.
This is a unique opportunity to join a consultancy practice but work in a team that undertakes similar work to in-house actuaries in insurance companies.
We are a growing and high-performing team, with a mission to improve the service we provide to our insurance clients. We are looking for someone ready to embrace the challenge to get involved in a wide range of activities and not limit themselves to a traditional role. This is a unique role and one you can shape, with a broad range of career development opportunities in a collaborative and supportive team atmosphere.
The role is located in Manchester, which is where our actuarial outsourcing team operates from. There will be some Work From Home (WFH) and flexible working opportunities, and occasional travel to our London office and client sites.
The role will involve:
- Lead your team on actuarial matters for a broad range of work, including primary review of and responsibility for Solvency II balance sheet and IFRS reporting.
- Strong technical and actuarial skills to interpret, challenge and review results with a focus on the bigger picture and how they impact the client.
- Ability to apply your strong technical and actuarial skills in a commercially focused manner for your client’s business.
- Report into Chief Actuary.
- Responsible for producing high quality reports and able to explain results appropriately to senior stakeholders at the Client.
- Advise the team on methodology and complex actuarial matters.
- Complete work in adherence to professional excellence and external standards and enforce these within the team
- Overall responsibility for your team delivering work in accordance to financial reporting timetables and other deadlines.
- Work with the Outsourcing Service Delivery Director to ensure we have suitable resource capacity available.
- Liaise with the client to ensure the timetables and deadlines are mutually achievable.
- Negotiate and manage the nature and frequency of additional requests that come to the actuarial team, with a clear ability to prioritise the relative importance of tasks.
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities to build a collaborative and high-performing culture in the team, with a focus on excellence of delivery.
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
- Takes an active interest in the development of more junior staff, sharing in detail the completion of routine tasks
- You will be the most senior point of contact for the client and therefore be responsible for managing and nurturing that relationship over the long-term.
- Engagement with all senior stakeholders at the client, including CFO, CRO and other executives.
- A reputation of delivering on projects and a drive to meet or exceed client expectations
- You will have responsibility to drive your team in seeking improvements to all aspects of the outsourcing project. This may be through a variety of process, system and people related improvements.
- Promote collaboration with the continuous improvement manager to ensure these are delivered and that the job and team is operating efficiently and effectively
- FIA qualified (or equivalent) is essential, with strong experience in actuarial and financial reporting.
- Experience and expertise leading on a range of financial and actuarial reporting, with Solvency II reporting experience being essential.
- A demonstrable track record in delivering high quality output to deadlines.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and drive to improve the way we work.
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- Focussed, enthusiastic and with a positive growth mindset.
- Proven team management and delegation skills and a natural desire to coach and mentor junior associates
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER