Actuarial Pricing Lead
Actuarial professionals with expertise in quantitative analysis, insurance pricing, loss reserving, and risk quantification are integral to AIG's success. We have dedicated Finance Actuaries that play a critical role in assessing the reserve need and thereby ensuring strong financial condition of AIG's insurance operating companies around the world. Our Portfolio Analytics and Pricing Actuaries focus on directly supporting AIG's businesses and are responsible for technical pricing, product development analytics, performance monitoring and measurement, as well as assessment of reinsurance needs. This team also works with marketing, operations, and financial management to achieve AIG's business objectives.
The primary responsibility of this role is leading the pricing actuarial platform supporting AIG's Property businesses across UK and Europe. This key role will be highly visible, as you will have the opportunity to interact with and advise senior management. We are looking for an individual who is internally motivated, intellectually curious, has the ability to manage multiple projects, and is driven to enhance existing processes.
- As part of the regional Property management team, this individual will provide actuarial advice and data driven insights that will support underwriting decisions.
- Support the development, alignment, and execution of portfolio strategies, working with regional and international product line leaders and regional underwriting teams located across Europe.
- Management responsibilities of a team of pricing actuaries.
- Lead the development, calibration, and implementation of first-in-class rating and portfolio management tools.
- Develop actuarial reports to help business effectively manage existing portfolios.
- Work closely with underwriting, reserving actuaries, claims department, and cat modelling/risk aggregation to identify insights that will be used to improve risk classification and optimize risk aggregation.
- Individual account pricing on large accounts and schemes.
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Ability to communicate actuarial concepts to non-specialists.
- Candidates with several years of relevant actuarial experience preferred
- Candidates with product experience strongly preferred
- Preference for a credentialed member of a recognized actuarial society.
- Proven proficiency in actuarial pricing concepts/methodologies
- Degree in Mathematics or related discipline.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Expertise in Excel, VBA, SAS, R, or other programming languages.
- Strong business and collaboration skills, and responsive to service needs and operational demands.
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.