- Contract Type
Our client, a leading global insurer are looking for someone to join their expanding reserving team. This is a fantastic opportunity offering great exposure to all areas within the reserving process, reporting directly into the Head of Reserving.
- Play a key role within their internal reserving review
- Build on established relationships with their claims and pricing teams
- Calculate and review Solvency II technical provisions
- Interact closely with the capital team to regulate capital assessments and feed into model development and use
- Work beside the reinsurance manager on excess of loss reinsurance and its impact on their reserves
- Offer support and input with the wider Group Finance team with the ongoing preparations for IFRS17 implementation
- Degree in mathematical/statistics-based subject with a minimum grade of 2:1
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Drive to learn insurance/actuarial.
- Strong ability to analyse problems and develop structured solutions
- Newly/nearly qualified with ideally 3-5 years’ experience
- Full IT literacy including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel (advanced) and PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of solvency II, including technical provisions
- Experience in Actuarial/data science software i.e. VBA, SAS, RESQ would make you a strong candidate