Pension Calculation Developer
Responsible for the production and systems testing of pensions calculation automation software.
The role requires the associate to:
- Interpret business requirements and member data
- Interact with the external client facing self-service administration teams and the calculation analysts teams based in the UK and Manila
The variety of work is extensive and as such the role will present an exciting opportunity to develop many technical skills and enhance existing pensions and legislative domain knowledge.
The role involves:
- Provide pensions legislative knowledge
- Work on a large portfolio of DB, DC and hybrid schemes
- Interpret business requirements.
- Code and systems test calculation software including letters, statements, data extracts and write backs (training to be provided)
- Collaborate with the Lead System Consultant team during data migration to ensure consistency between the data and calculation project streams
- Keep stake holders up to date, share concerns and propose solutions where appropriate
- Provide an efficient, professional service to meet all client needs and to promote the Willis Towers Watson brand
- Some prior work with the Python programming language, or other Object-Oriented language, is advantageous but not mandatory as training will be provided
- Ability to work on own initiative when required, as well as in a team.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel / MS Word.
- DB and or DC occupational pension schemes experience.
- Pass at C or above for Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent
- Interpersonal skills to include good written and verbal communication
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of UNIX and SQL is advantageous but not mandatory as training will be provided.
- Previous experience in a technical role is not necessary as training will be provided for the programming tools required to build the calculation and reporting software. This will consist of internal modular training courses, an external SQL course if appropriate and supported on-the-job work. A mentor will be assigned to the successful candidate to provide day to day support and to oversee career development.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.