Senior Pricing Actuarial Analyst
Actuarial professionals with expertise in quantitative analysis, insurance pricing, loss reserving, and risk quantification are integral to AIG's success. We have dedicated Finance Actuaries that play a critical role in assessing the reserve need and thereby ensuring strong financial condition of AIG's insurance operating companies around the world. Our Portfolio Analytics and Pricing Actuaries focus on directly supporting AIG's businesses and are responsible for technical pricing, product development analytics, performance monitoring and measurement, as well as assessment of reinsurance needs. This team also works with marketing, operations, and financial management to achieve AIG's business objectives.
The Senior Pricing Actuarial Analyst will be responsible providing pricing analysis, granular performance monitoring and rate making analysis within AIG's Product Tower framework.
- Providing the relevant Product Tower with the actuarial support they require to profitably grow their business and take remedial action where needed.
- Produce transactional pricing analysis for accounts within agreed timescales, working closely with underwriters.
- Actively involved in technical pricing tool development and enhancements, whilst considering local market requirements.
- In co-ordination with the actuarial pricing team, monitor rates at renewal and new business, ensure technical pricing models are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Report performance at granular level (account and rating factor) in order for business units to optimise performance.
- Ensure data used for pricing and monitoring is complete, accurate, adequate and timely.
- Comply with key regulatory and risk management procedures.
- Adherence to European and matrix decision making standards within the authorities provided.
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Mathematics/Actuarial Science
- Making good progress through actuarial exams.
- Will typically have 4+ years' insurance experience.
- Proven proficiency in actuarial pricing concepts/methodologies
- Increasing understanding of general insurance principles, including underwriting policies, claims handling policies and local legislation
- Knowledge of PC and mainframe environments
- Knowledge of SAS, VBA, R
- Developing ability to communicate actuarial concepts to non-specialists.
- Ability to work under own initiative and show flexibility to meet business needs
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise own work
- Professional behaviour with high level of integrity
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.