UK & AESA Reserving Lead
Actuarial professionals with expertise in quantitative analysis, insurance pricing, loss reserving, and risk quantification are integral to AIG's success. We have dedicated Finance Actuaries that play a critical role in assessing the reserve need and thereby ensuring strong financial condition of AIG's insurance operating companies around the world. Our Portfolio Analytics and Pricing Actuaries focus on directly supporting AIG's businesses and are responsible for technical pricing, product development analytics, performance monitoring and measurement, as well as assessment of reinsurance needs. This team also works with marketing, operations, and financial management to achieve AIG's business objectives.
As a People Manager and Leader, you make the difference in an employee's experience at work. Great managers provide direction, motivate and grow talent, and empower and coach teams toward higher levels of performance. You are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
This role will lead a team of actuaries with the responsibility of maintaining the developing the reserving process for AIG UK and AIG AESA. This key role will be highly visible, as you will have the opportunity to interact with and advise senior management. We are looking for an individual who is internally motivated, intellectually curious, ability to work independently, has the ability to manage multiple projects, and is driven to enhance existing processes.
- Lead a team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of the UK and AESA reserve results.
- This includes owning the reserving process as well as the timelines and various stakeholders outside of Actuarial (local senior management, Finance, Solvency II and New York teams).
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place for the reserving process and be the point person for Actuarial for the annual audit reviews, independent reserve reviews, internal audit and SOX reviews.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of all Solvency II reporting requirement for both legal entities, working with the regional Chief Actuaries.
- Involvement in the capital model calibration process and support in other key Solvency II activities.
- Ensure robust feedback mechanisms with all stakeholders
- Support continuous improvement to key processes
- Monitor adherence to procedures and methodologies.
- BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- ACAS, FCAS strongly preferred
- Extensive experience in commercial lines preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong business and collaboration skills; responsive to service needs and operational demands
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.