You don’t need any previous Actuarial experience to apply for this role. They can provide you with the right support in-house to teach you everything you need to know and set you up for success with a few new skills under your belt!
What does an Actuarial Technician do?
An Actuarial Technician acts as a support function to their Actuaries so they can carry out their duties, focusing on delivering annual bonus rates, final bonus rates, surrender value factors, market value adjustments and other technical BAU work on time and to a high standard.
The role will involve following processes, understanding and manipulating large amounts of data and not being afraid to call something out if it doesn’t look right. Being highly competent, preferably at intermediate-advance level, in Excel would be essential as you would be using this on a daily basis. Successful candidates will need to manipulate large datasets, use advanced functions and logic statements, and be able to create and interpret complex formulae in a controlled environment.
What they are looking for from you?
- A degree in some form of numeric related degree
- Minimum of intermediate-advance level in Excel (this will be tested at interview stage)
- Strong analytical skills with a questioning attitude and a desire to understand
- Confident in understanding and manipulating large quantities of data and help to create ‘the story’ behind it
- A positive attitude with the passion to learn new skills
- A strong communicator at all levels and being able to work collaboratively with other internal functions and 3rd parties
- Someone who can take ownership and accountability
- A team player is a must!
Desirable but not necessary:
- Previous experience within a financial background