Pensions Calculation Analyst
- Contract Type
Summary of Role
The role of Pension Calculation Analyst is likely to appeal to the technically minded pensions professional, adept at reading scheme rules and/or an advanced Excel user with general systems aptitude, you will have previous occupational pensions work experience either in an administration or systems position. Whilst no day is ever the same, a typical day in the role would see you interpreting pensions technical documentation and member data and interacting with our Pensions Administration teams as well as producing detailed calculation proforma and supporting test packs. Would you relish a new challenge working alongside Developers creating the calculations for individual DB and DC schemes for our clients? In return for your hard work, a competitive base salary with generous benefits package and enormous opportunity for motivated colleagues to enhance and advance their career within the organization.
Responsible for the production of calculation automation business requirements and software user acceptance testing.
The role requires the associate to:
- Interpret pension’s technical documentation and member data
- Interact with the external client facing self-service administration teams and the systems teams based in the UK and Manila
Apply your skills as a member of a focused, technically competent calculation automation team that prides themselves on excellence. This position requires a passion for technical pension domain knowledge together with effective analysis and problem solving skills
As a Pensions Calculation Analyst, you will work on many different schemes, often simultaneously, and on all types of calculations. A typical day might be the interpretation of scheme rules in line with current legislation, producing specifications based on this work and transposing the information into a requirements document. The next day might involve peer review of team members test packs or of the developer’s outputs in a test environment. Overall the role is changeable and ideal for a candidate who enjoys working with systems software and with a portfolio of schemes.
- Provide expert pensions legislative knowledge
- Work on a large portfolio of DB, DC and hybrid schemes
- Perform detailed technical analysis of Trust Deeds and Rules and other scheme documentation
- Produce detailed calculation proforma from first principles and supporting automation test packs
- Collaborate with the Lead System Consultant team during data migration to ensure consistency between the data and calculation project streams
- Interact with third parties such as the scheme actuary and solicitors to clarify complex queries
- Acceptance test calculation and supporting software
- Assist in due diligence exercises by analysing data quality, identifying data issues and proposing solutions
- Keep stake holders up to date, share concerns and propose solutions where appropriate
- Provide an efficient, professional service to meet all client needs and to promote the Willis Towers Watson brand
- Experience of dealing with DB and DC occupational pension schemes
- Detailed understanding of retirement, transfer and death calculations
- Full pensions legislative knowledge: both current and historic
- Interpersonal skills to include good written and verbal communication
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Computer literate, good IT skills particularly Excel
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.