Assistant Actuary - Solvency II Reporting - FTSE Organisation
The main purpose of the role will be to lead the delivery of the Group's actuarial reporting requirements including Solvency II, IFRS, EV and risk-based capital metrics. You will also enhance the delivery of actuarial aspects of business planning and prepare management information where required. This will lead the delivery of actuarial analysis to support the objectives of the Finance, ALM, Capital and Investment teams and aid key decision making throughout the business.
As a Nearly or Newly qualified actuary, you will possess strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner.
You'll have had previous exposure to reporting processes with good leadership & influencing skills. You will also need excellent problem solving and resolution skills and good knowledge of insurance products and markets in order to understand business process and the products we offer.
- Produce Group actuarial reports and relevant analysis, including IFRS, Solvency I, Solvency II, economic capital and MCEV, and deliver reinsurer reporting requirements in line with Group treaties
- Produce business projections, including scenarios and stress testing to support business planning, forecasting and risk management processes, the Group's risk capital metrics and other relevant actuarial management information as required
- Review of methodologies and assumptions deployed in actuarial systems used to fulfil the team's objectives. To develop and improve the modelling methodologies and reporting tools used and test reporting tools developed by the IT function and Actuarial Systems team.
- To represent the team and provide actuarial expertise to define actuarial requirements on projects and other change programme initiatives
- To support the development of responses to requests from the UK regulator and other third parties
- To operate a robust control framework for the production of results including maintaining appropriate documentation and compliance with relevant requirements (including TASs)
If you are keen to progress your career within a leading insurance organisation with excellent scope for long term career progression, do not hesitate to apply for this position.