Canada Professions Underwriter
Your role is to consider professions insurance needs from a holistic perspective by writing multiple classes of insurance (E&O, CGL, property and business interruption, Cyber, legal expenses, D&O) and will be involved in all aspects of underwriting including new business and renewal underwriting as well as developing long-term broker relationships.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Respond to and manage enquiries from brokers in a timely and professional manner, producing new and renewals quotations within agreed SLAs;
- Proactively develop and seek out new business opportunities, building strong broker relationships (both face to face and over phone) to create profitable Canadian Professions business;
- Explain the features, advantages and benefits of Professions insurance products, coverage enhancements, support product launches and raise awareness of new and existing products;
- Deliver internal and external presentations on CFC products, key trends and emerging exposures;
- Research with a mind to develop subject matter expertise in Professions classes and investigate relevant legislation/regulation/compliance issues within our target markets;
- Provide guidance and support to junior members of the Professions underwriting team on technical queries;
- Support and contribute to team projects (e.g. enhancements to product offering, launch of new products, systems, policies and processes etc.);
- Contribute effectively to team performance standards and new business / renewal targets; and
- Attend ad-hoc business trips internationally (primarily to Canada) as required.
Skills & Abilities
- Articulate and influential - you’re naturally comfortable presenting to small and large groups;
- You’re highly analytical - applying logic and critical thinking to analyse complex risks;
- You have strong numeracy and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- You’re confident and self-driven and enjoy working to deadlines and targets;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Above all you’re a team player!
Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years underwriting experience in a professional liability role;
- Multi-class insurance underwriting exposure preferred;
- Canada professions underwriting experience would be preferred;
- Areas of expertise or interest – Architects, engineers, miscellaneous professionals, the healthcare space or the oil & gas industry;
- Sound presentation and negotiation skills.
Education & Qualifications
- Degree level education (2:1 or better);
- CII certification (ACII preferred)
We are the largest independent Managing General Agent (MGA) in the UK. Our focus is speciality lines, niche markets and emerging risks, and we have the largest cyber insurance underwriting team in London. CFC is backed by more than 30 Lloyd’s syndicates and delivers insurance to over 60,000 businesses in more than 60 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster organically than our competitors and the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate and we never take ourselves too seriously. We are ‘one-team’ and enjoy a culture of openness and encouragement. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
Apply for Canada Professions Underwriter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly