Protection Finance Manager
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager for the Protection business based in York. The purpose of the role is to provide financial insight and analysis into the performance of the individual protection business which is responsible for c.4.7m customers with £1.2bn of annual premium.
Your role is to assist in driving the analysis of the financial performance of the protection business through strong business, stakeholder, project and internal customer engagement. Reporting to the Protection financial Business Partner you will work with the wider finance team and business to develop the analysis and insight into the reporting results alongside supporting and challenging the IT change portfolio and road map to ensure funding is utilised to its maximum potential. This encompasses support from the initial idea generation, through the creation of business cases and the approval gating processes and ends with benefit realisation once projects have been delivered.
Liaising with the wider business you will also undertake a variety of ad-hoc investigations to drive value and insight on the protection products, sharing findings and presenting MI where necessary.
The right individual for the role will enjoy working in a fast-changing enviroment where they will see a wide range of work and will have the drive and energy to adapt to changing areas of focus and demand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and management of financial models and analysis appropriate for the Protection business
- Support and influence product and business strategy through financial insight, analysis and challenge
- Help facilitate and produce the financial forecasting for the protection business
- Cost benefit analysis
- Monitoring and provision of insight into the performance of their protection book
- Expense analysis
- Support of corporate planning
- Financial communication to key stakeholders
Skills & Experience requiered:
- Numerate with relevant qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or Actuarial qualifiction)
- Strong financial understanding of insurance P&L account and reporting measures
- Good Excel Skills
- Commercial understanding of projects and financials
- Planning and organisational skills
- Report writing and presentational skills