Pricing & Portfolio Analyst
You will work closely with the Portfolio Manager to provide underwriting performance MI, reporting and analysis to the senior management, underwriting teams and our insurance carriers.
You'll have the opportunity to actively engage and interact with all of CFC’s underwriting teams working with them on the more technical aspects of individual underwriting projects to assist with portfolio optimisation, analysis and underwriting performance across the business.
The underwriting management team is currently a modest sized team so you will immediately be able to have an immediate and very visible impact on the business during a period of significant investment and aggressive growth within the Company.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- You will analyse and report on underwriting performance across multiple business lines;
- You will be responsible for producing high quality MI / reporting to agreed deadlines;
- You will ensure production of quarterly performance reports;
- You will complete pricing model deep dive reviews;
- You will produce high quality reports and monitor KPIs;
- Respond to requests for production of ad hoc reports;
- Maintain and update stochastic analyses across our portfolio of insurance products;
- Interacting and working with all underwriting practices across the business.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong verbal, written communication, presentation and report writing skills;
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy of work;
- Very strong analytical and numeracy skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Good inter-personal skills (as you will be working at all levels within the business);
- Ability to operate under pressure and identify and meet tight deadlines.
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 2-3 years previous insurance experience within an actuarial or pricing function;
- Experience within an pricing / analytical role producing high quality MI & reports;
- Advanced MS Excel skills (preferably with VBA)
- Strong data modelling and quantitative analysis experience is essential;
- Experience of conducting reserving analysis is preferred.
Professional Qualifications & Certification
A maths, science or engineering degree (2:1 or better) and/or at least grade 'A' A-level maths/science.
CFC is a dynamic, entrepreneurial business widely recognised as one of the most profitable and fastest growing insurance intermediaries in the City. Winners of multiple major industry awards, including MGA of the Year and Best Use of Technology in 2016, we are the largest independent Managing General Agent (MGA) in the UK.
Our focus is speciality lines, niche markets and emerging risks, and we have the largest cyber insurance underwriting team in London. CFC is backed by more than 30 Lloyd’s syndicates and designs and develops cutting edge commercial insurance products that are distributed to more than 60,000 clients in over 60 countries around the world. We are growing faster organically than any of our competitors and the market. CFC currently employs 280 employees from one single London HQ and our forecast headcount is expected to reach 500+ in the next three to five years as we continue to scale the business.