Motor Optimisation Principal Pricing Analyst
Job Title: Motor New Business Pricing Principal Analyst:
This role will support your manager in providing an innovative and effective analytical pricing service for the Direct Line Group with a focus on delivery of Pricing for Motor New Business for our own brands business - Direct Line, Churchill and Privilege.
What being a Motor New Business Pricing Principal Analyst involves:
- Develop recommendations to improve DLG's pricing performance and longer-term pricing capability, whilst maintaining underwriting discipline.
- Provide analytical support and insight to inform and influence business decisions and strategy, with a responsibility for ensuring robustness of output.
- Develop accurate pricing models and ensure their appropriate use and application. Monitor the effectiveness of models on an ongoing basis to ensure they are fit for purpose and deliver improvements where necessary.
- Analyse trading performance and monitor controls, including producing & analysing tactical MI, and deliver recommendations to support the trading objectives. Identify gaps in existing MI and deliver improvements.
- Plan, manage and deliver specific tasks and projects in a pro-active, timely and accurate manner, providing insights, impacts and recommendations; lead specialised investigations, producing reports and presentations for internal stakeholders.
- Support the development of analysts; review work, provide feedback and create opportunities for learning in day to day activities.
- Interact effectively with peers in other areas of DLG to improve knowledge share and understand impacts of your work across the wider business. Ensure learnings are effectively communicated across the team. Liaise regularly with stakeholders to ensure objectives are aligned across functions.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to enable tasks to be performed in a more efficient manner. Challenge current processes appropriately with suggestions as to how these can be refined.
- Develop knowledge of P&U systems and processes; develop your business, market knowledge and awareness of relevant industry issues which impact your area & incorporate in the work that you do.
Skill and qualities you'll need:
- You will be an effective communicator at all levels and be able to demonstrate strong relationship management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- You will be a good team player but also be able to use your own initiative and be able to progress work independently.
- Relevant work experience within a similar pricing or analytical role in the financial services industry and you will be able to evidence personal effectiveness in prior roles.
- You will be educated to at least degree level or equivalent in a numerically-focussed degree.
- Previous experience of the personal lines insurance market is desirable.
- Knowledge of SAS, EMBlem and/or optimisation software is preferable but not essential.