This job is no longer available
Part Qualified Actuary - We have an exciting new role within our Specialty team for a part qualified actuary. The role is to provide actuarial support to our sales and broking team based in London working on multinational insurance and reinsurance carriers.
The role will offer exposure to Marine, Energy and Non-Marine Retro business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Account analysis; providing analytical support and actuarial analysis to develop loss models for client businesses
- Estimating reinsurance pricing and determining the effect of reinsurance on the client's business
- Working closely with the brokers to assist in designing program structures that meet client needs
- Explaining analysis in clear terms appropriate to the audience and provide value-adding service to clients as needed
- Engaging effectively with the wider analytics team and other analytical associates across Willis Re including other actuaries, actuarial trainees and catastrophe modellers.
The ideal candidate will have previous non-life (re) insurance experience and be able to apply advanced mathematical / actuarial concepts and techniques in this thriving dynamic environment. The ability to communicate and build strong working relationships with both brokers and clients is also key to the success of this role.