This job is no longer available
Join Deloitte's leading actuarial practice and apply your skills in projects reaching beyond traditional actuarial boundaries. You'll work with colleagues and clients in Audit, Tax, Consulting and Corporate Finance - exposing you to cutting edge actuarial work in a strategic, consulting and transactional context. Here you'll develop an impressive range of commercial consulting skills that will increase your career options and opportunities.
Our practice has both breadth and technical depth which is increasingly important in an ever changing regulatory landscape.
We provide services in almost all areas of insurance consultancy from traditional actuarial services to wider consulting engagements. These include:
• Solvency II and IFRS;
• Mergers and Acquisitions;
• Capital Management;
• Prophet / ALS and Moses modelling;
• Replicating Portfolios;
• Business Analytics - customer, underwriting, claims and fraud;
• Independent expert work;
• Business Planning;
• Capital Model Build & Advisory; and
• Claims and Underwriting Reviews
We take your development very seriously. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you'll receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to help you develop in your current role and progress through the grades to manager and beyond. There is a career path for everyone.
We foster an open and friendly working environment that naturally allows everyone to learn from the wide range of experts within the practice.
In addition to on-the-job training, we also believe in structured development through formal training and personal development plans, covering areas such as:
• Actuarial modelling skills;
• Building relationships;
• Project Management;
• Business development; and
• Consulting skills.
We are looking to grow our actuarial teams and are keen to recruit across all grades. We are looking for candidates with:
• Evidence of strong exam performance and progression
• An overall strong academic background is preferred
• Strong technical expertise
• A consulting background is not essential
• Ability to explain complex solutions to non actuarial