Geospatial Pricing Analyst
At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
Job Title: Geospatial Pricing Analyst
The purpose of the role is to support your manager in providing a consistent, timely and comprehensive analytical service to the company, with responsibility for developing and delivering evolutionary and step-change geospatial innovation in Commercial insurance pricing for Direct Line Group. The focus of this role is within Commercial Lines in delivering and developing geographic rating and analysis across all lines of business and you will work closely with the wider GIS team to deliver a consistent view of geographic risk across the company.
What being a Geospatial Pricing Analyst involves:
- Work with other areas of pricing and underwriting and the wider business to set both risk and retail prices across Direct Line Group and manage and maintain the geographic risk models, data and associated intelligence.
- Support prioritised projects within pricing and underwriting as required, focusing on projects involving use of GIS technology and the maintenance of geospatial rating tools.
- Ensure all internal and externally held geographic data used internally within Commercial Lines is well documented and seek external, market leading data providers.
- Strive continuously to improve the statistical validity and efficiency of all modelling, projection processes and techniques.
- Deliver projects into the wider pricing and underwriting team to agreed timescales
- Support manager in development of junior team members
Skills and qualities you'll need:
- Relevant work experience within a similar actuarial, pricing or statistical role in the financial services industry.
- Keen interest in the environment and geospatial methodologies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in mathematics or a related degree, with ideally a postgraduate qualification or making progress towards a professional actuarial/statistical/insurance qualification
- Knowledge of SAS, EMBlem and/or optimisation software is preferable but not essential
- Experience of ArcGIS, MapInfo or other GIS application is preferable.