Principal Pricing Analyst
At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
Job Title: Principle Pricing Analyst
You will support your manager in providing an innovative and effective analytical pricing service for Direct Line Group with a focus on the delivery of Pricing recommendations for Commercial Lines packages business for our broker and direct brands
What being a Principle Pricing Analyst involves:
- Complete accurate and comprehensive pricing reviews across all Packages products in order to ensure delivery of planned metrics.
- Understand, challenge, interrogate and deliver change based on provided risk, conversion and retention models and assist others in doing the same.
- Identify potential issues with processes and suggest ways they could be improved.
- Develop knowledge of DLG pricing and underwriting systems and processes and use this knowledge to produce efficient rate recommendations.
- Plan, analyse and deliver tasks required for the delivery and support of key projects related to pricing.
- Understand and implement company risk frameworks; ensuring compliance with both internal and external regulations to ensure the team exceeds minimum standards.
- Keep up to date with market trends, movement and innovation and recommend change with this in mind.
- Present pricing work to other teams to ensure common understanding of key concepts across the business.
- Analyse trading performance on a regular basis and proactively suggest areas that can be improved and potential ways for that to be realised.
- Produce ad-hoc tactical reports and detailed analysis on areas of the business requested by the trading teams.
- Support pricing analysts by lending technical assistance on a day to day basis, performing peer reviews and providing ongoing feedback.
- Proactively interact with peers around DLG; understanding their roles and responsibilities and how they affect pricing. Learning from others about best practice and sharing with the team.
- Identify areas for continuous personal development and seek out opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge
Skills and qualities you'll need:
- You will be an effective communicator at all levels and be able to demonstrate strong relationship management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- You will be a good team player but also be able to use your own initiative and be able to progress work independently.
- You will ideally have relevant work experience within a similar insurance pricing or analytical role in the financial services industry and you will be able to evidence personal effectiveness in prior roles.
- You will be educated to at least degree level or equivalent in a numerically-focussed degree.
- Knowledge of SAS, EMBlem, Qlikview and Radar is preferable but not essential.