Principal Pricing Analyst
At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
An exciting new contract opportunity has arisen for a Principle Pricing Analyst to come on board and join Motor Pricing Team based in Leeds (although we would potentially consider other office locations for the right candidate). As the business-to-business arm of Direct Line Group, we specialise in providing personal lines insurance and motor breakdown solutions to a range of partners. We combine our expertise with our partners' own brand identities, distribution opportunities and access to customer data to create products that perfectly meet customer needs. The diversity of our partner brands means that we're able to offer a variety of internal and external partner services roles, working with some of the largest white labelled insurance brands in the country.
Job Title: Principle Pricing Analyst
The Principle Actuarial Analyst role sits within Motor Pricing who are responsible for providing the best price for our customers whilst managing profitability to meet our shareholder commitments. We are a team of analysts focused on delivery and improvement in our pricing capability. This covers many areas, across new business and renewals, partnerships, telematics and rescue.
What being a Principle Pricing Analyst involves:
- Providing analysis and appropriate change recommendations in support of new business and renewal pricing across brand partners
- Primary responsibility for the management of the renewal pricing process, across brand partners
- Supporting the development of tactical and strategic Management Information
- Producing and analysing tactical MI in support of Partnership Pricing
- Providing analysis and support as required across the Motor Pricing function
- Ensure compliance with core Direct Line Group Policies, statutory and regulatory requirements, governance controls (including all relevant risk minimum standards) and timely completion of risk and audit actions. Ensure reputational risk is minimised.
- Develop your own skills and knowledge such that you have the expertise required to achieve current and future business requirements, including through secondments and rotations
- Reinforce the culture and core values of Direct Line Group through appropriate behaviours and actions.
- Provide pricing assistance in respect to other partner DLG products as required to help manage priorities and share relevant knowledge and expertise.
Skills and qualities you'll need:
- Relevant work experience within a similar actuarial, pricing or statistical role in the financial services industry.
- Evidence of demonstrating personal effectiveness in prior roles
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in mathematics or a related degree, with ideally a postgraduate qualification or making progress towards a professional actuarial/statistical/insurance qualification
- Knowledge of SAS, EMBlem and/or optimisation software is preferable but not essential
The role is a contract role to cover Maternity Leave from July 2017 - September 2018.