This role is for a qualified actuary to work on the consulting side of a small and fast growing actuarial consultancy. The job holder will work in a small, but close knit team, assessing and identifying clients’ needs, and supporting clients with all their actuarial requirements including reserving, pricing, capital modelling and preparing reports. The job holder will also be required to identify, summarise and present the professional views and recommendations to senior management of the client based on data collected and analysis carried out. In addition, the job holder will contribute to developing the company’s modelling technology platform, and generating new business, both with existing clients and new clients.
Essential Skills & Experience:
Candidates require a minimum of 8 years’ experience in all of the following areas;
- Significant experience in the reserving of a wide variety of classes of business, specifically in the Lloyd’s of London market and in international markets.
- A consulting background, demonstrating assessment and review of clients’ needs, carrying out the necessary research and data collection using appropriate techniques and actuarial principles to improve efficiencies, formulate recommendations and build solutions.
- End to end pricing of a wide variety of commercial classes, from front-end information collection to premium.
- Classes of business should include as a minimum, commercial motor, fire, business interruption, public liability, product liability, medical malpractice, construction liability, and builders warranty.
- Running due diligence projects on Lloyd’s of London managing agencies and syndicates.
- Performing balance sheet and P&L projections.
- Capital management and financial reporting for Lloyd’s syndicates.
- Providing guidance around economic scenario generator modelling.
- Experience in report writing, covering an ORSA, SAO, AFR and FCR.
- Experience in validation of models and writing validation reports.
- International experience, in addition to UK / London market experience is a strong advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing others
- Presenting at senior management level, providing advice with clarity, professionalism and ability to influence at all levels
- Presenting at seminars or conferences on topical subjects
- Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries or equivalent
- Certified Enterprise Risk Actuary (CERA) or equivalent
- Degree in Actuarial Science – 1st class honours or equivalent
Closing date for applications: 27th July, 2017
Apply for SENIOR CONSULTANT
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly