Associate Director, Actuarial Consulting (Regional Exposure)
We are seeking exceptional actuaries with strong communication and client service skills to join our client's Actuarial Advisory practice. You will have the opportunity to work across the business (risk, accounting, tax and transaction advisory) and across different geographies (UK, Europe, US, Asia and Australia) that work together to serve thie MNC clients. You will receive on-the-job support and coaching, and sponsorship for actuarial examinations.
As an Associate Director, you will provide guidance and support to clients in Hong Kong and China, and across Asia (including Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and Vietnam). We are looking for actuaries with the technical expertise to specialise and the adaptability to provide services across a range of areas.
- Develop economic capital and risk-based capital models and reporting
- Advise on regulatory framework development
- Assess and implement IFRS 4 Phase II
- Enhance enterprise risk management (ERM)
- Conduct product pricing
- Perform actuarial due diligence and support wider financial and tax due diligence for M&A projects
- Support the internal audit reviews of pricing, reserving and risk & capital functions
- Deliver efficient, quality actuarial audit services
- Share your expertise with your peers and actively coach junior actuarial staff
Experience and Background
- Qualified actuaries with around 10 years of relevant actuarial experience in the life insurance industry
- Candidates who are nearly qualified or with less experience will be considered for the Manager position
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills; Mandarin is an advantage
- Self-starters with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and able to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ambitious about broadening actuarial experience and accelerating career progression
To find out more please send your updated CV in Word format to Jason.Strachan@ojassociates.com or contact me on +852 5804 4186 for a confidential discussion.